« Home | Thank you 2004! Too many things happened during th... » | "You're mean, God!" "If it makes you feel any bet... » | Sad new..Dimebag Darrell was shot and killed durin... » | Mental note to myself: Today was a very good day. ... » | I was bitten by the film bug again. And the quest... » | Goodbye long hair!  » | Damn insomnia. » | The Hazards of this Line of Work ( as distilled by... » | I was quietly reading a book at the lanai this aft... » | Damn. I didn't realize that I had neglected this l... » 

1/12/2005 

I just woke up from two years of having my life on autopilot. And everything seems to be in hyper-reality nowadays and it does become scary at times. What frightens me the most though is the realization that I no longer trust in whatever happiness I experienced in the past two years since I essentially was running numb and guarded.

So here's how it is to be finally awake: food tastes better, music now hits like a runaway truck, and my family and friends have become extra special to me. On the other side of things, the absence of mama has become increasingly palpable and painfull.