« Home | Just when things seemed to be at a dead end, Satur... » | Of Oven Toasters and Badminton Girls My inspirati... » | I just watched Lost in Translation for the fourth ... » | Abstraction Last night, my friend, Jack and I sto... » | Out of boredom, I typed my name into Google to see... » | I woke up relatively early today after a full eigh... » | I was supposedly at Boracay. My version of Bora... » | Hello? Hello? Testing. Testing. One. Two. Three. » 

2/24/2004 

I lost again to cigarettes. Five days of abstinence was not a trivial undetaking and I would like to take that as something of value. But Sunday night came along and I nearly bit off Jack's head. Also, driving home with my nerves frayed was not a pleasant experience so I did what I thought was most sensible; I lit up. Ahh. Much better.

I had my driver's license renewed yesterday. It was relatively painless since the LTO has finally gone computerized. While I was waiting though, there was a man in one corner preaching about Jesus and singing what he called the "Salvation Anthem". Of course people ignored him. But then after ten minutes a small group had started to gather around him. These people were actually listening. I couldn't blame them. With all the crap happening before elections,I guess you approach whatever glint of hope you find whenever it calls to you. So after the actors, it would be the Jesus freaks who will come to power. Great.