« Home | I lost again to cigarettes. Five days of abstinen... » | Just when things seemed to be at a dead end, Satur... » | Of Oven Toasters and Badminton Girls My inspirati... » | I just watched Lost in Translation for the fourth ... » | Abstraction Last night, my friend, Jack and I sto... » | Out of boredom, I typed my name into Google to see... » | I woke up relatively early today after a full eigh... » | I was supposedly at Boracay. My version of Bora... » | Hello? Hello? Testing. Testing. One. Two. Three. » 

2/27/2004 

I didn't sleep well last night despite the fact that I had a good workout at the gym.

I have been sleeping in Papa's room for the past few nights since he has been out of town. I, alone on the queen sized bed in the master's bedroom with the big ass TV. I was growing quite accustomed to it.

Last night though, something roused me from sleep every now and again. I initially paid no attention to it, thinking that it was just Betchay scampering about and populating the room with her fleas. By the third hour, it was getting to be an annoyance and so I promptly opened the door and kicked her out of the room. I settled down back into bed and tried to sleep. After five minutes had passed, it came again. I sat up and looked about. It was walking around the room quite slowly. I stared into it for a few moments until my eyes finally made out a figure that was devoid of any unique feature, save for one. It was missing its right breast.

I might as well could have been staring into a very dark place and yet my eyes remained transfixed on its nearly shapeless form. The calm in me started to erode and all instinct for control and self preservation started to kick in. It was instinct that compelled me to act. It compelled me to give my visitor a name.

Guilt.