« Home | I didn't sleep well last night despite the fact th... » | I lost again to cigarettes. Five days of abstinen... » | Just when things seemed to be at a dead end, Satur... » | Of Oven Toasters and Badminton Girls My inspirati... » | I just watched Lost in Translation for the fourth ... » | Abstraction Last night, my friend, Jack and I sto... » | Out of boredom, I typed my name into Google to see... » | I woke up relatively early today after a full eigh... » | I was supposedly at Boracay. My version of Bora... » | Hello? Hello? Testing. Testing. One. Two. Three. » 

2/27/2004 

I never erased the e-mails I received during my trip to the US two years ago. Since I didn't have much to do on this Friday night, I read through all of them and had a blast. It's just plain funny how things fan out in a span of two years.

Here are some excerpts :

"oh and i think, I THINK LANG, that the gym is
beginning to pay off. my body's adjusting to the
routines na, and i have these weird bumps on my body.
i'm hoping they're muscles. it's been so long since i
had any kasi eh."

- Manong, after his first month at the gym.

"it's really nice though, how we're the only punk band in the lineup for that night,
and the organizer just saw us at wack-wack during cranked"

- Mikey, still playing with TTP Project. One Day Old had not been conceived yet.

"hullo tae."

- Ning, e-mail greeting. Nothing much has changed I guess :)

"I've been doing some research
(excited na talaga) and there are a lot of really really neat places to go to up
north. remember the magazine i showed you, cruising? i checked it again and
they went to banaue and tuguegarao."

- Det, talking about a road trip we were supposed to take up north Luzon when I got back from the states. It never pushed through. To be honest, I only remembered about it now after reading this particular e-mail.

And here's the clincher:

"speaking of the guys, i saw them at Vince's birthday
party last Saturday, sabay na rin ng victory party ng
ateneo. it was a ,lot of fun because i had the
opportunity to not only see Bastie after 2 years, but
sina Mitch and friends were there. we stayed till
around 3, and we followed to Pravda, and then Venecia."

MANONG!?!? Was that really you?!?! Hahaha...who would have thunk.

Wow! I'm having a senti trip by virtue of old e-mail. Cool.